Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a “central source of truth” and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we’ve done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Julie Larson - Manager, Infrastructure Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 +bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
Note: the following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
As a senior member of the Infrastructure Engineering compute team, maintain and optimize performance of the following with a focus on availability, scalability, and simplification:
VMware vCenter Server Appliances 7.0,VMware ESXi 6.5 and 7.0 hypervisors, Cisco UCS; Fabric Interconnects, B200- M4, M5 Blades, and C220 M5 blades
What You'll Do:
- Document changes, incidents, problems and architecture from a technical support perspective
- Plan for and install new software releases and system hardware/software upgrades
- Ensure regular patches and updates are installed
- Perform or monitor system backups/recovery
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation, including maintenance windows
- Triage, resolve and document incidents and problems
- Execute well documented Change Controls
- Ensure compute resources and assets are logged and monitored along with appropriate actions for events
- Take initiative to suggest and implement improvements/enhancements, especially geared towards automating Granicus systems
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Granicus infrastructure assets
- Provide direction, scope and management of Infrastructure Engineering automation efforts
- Provide direction and leadership related to VMware and Cisco UCS (compute) security design and requirements
- Provide overall technical direction to the larger efforts of the compute team
- Define, design and implement compute best practices; Act as a liaison to other technical teams on how to optimize and secure the virtual environment
- Ensure Infrastructure Engineering has proper capacity planning, reporting and management of compute resources
- Provide expert level supervision of high-risk Change Requests