The Senior Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers who lead the development team by example. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and consistently make significant contributions to all areas of the Granicus product suite. In addition to those contributions, the Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor when new features are being groomed and planned by their team. Their application knowledge is indispensable in this area.
Senior Software Engineers not only have deep expertise in multiple different applications, but they also understand and directly contribute to the management of Granicus’s technical infrastructure.
Finally, the Senior Software Engineer is a go-to technical resource for anyone in the broader Granicus technology organization. They fully understand the deployment and support of applications in all environments and are an excellent mentor to groups and individuals within and outside of the development team.
What you Get To Do
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders to deliver SaaS based solutions
- Perform all the Essential Functions of the Granicus Software Engineer
- Be a core maintainer of multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Develop and maintain highly complex features for multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Champion the development team’s core values
- 5+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality SaaS based web applications
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, and at least one related web framework, i.e., jQuery, Angular, or others.
- Expert-level knowledge of .NET and at least one related framework, i.e., ASP.NET WebForm/MVC, .NET Core, or others.
- Expert-level experience with relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL); Strong experience of .NET ORM Frameworks, i.e., Entity Framework.
- Strong experience developing unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, load/stress
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with mentoring junior team members
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to serve as a technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.