Senior Staff Writer
$50,000-$63,000* + Bonus
GovLoop.com, the knowledge network for government, is looking for a talented and enthusiastic senior staff writer to join our content team. GovLoop serves a community of more than 300,000 government leaders by helping them to foster collaboration, learn from their peers, solve problems and advance in their government careers.
We aim to inspire public sector professionals to better service by acting as the knowledge network for government. We do this through a variety of formats, including relevant news articles, case studies, editorial reports, vendor-branded content, online trainings, animated video courses and more.
What You’ll Do:
As a GovLoop senior staff writer, you will play a key role in identifying, learning and breaking down critical topics that impact our community of government employees, their careers and how they serve the public. A significant portion of the content you lead and produce will come through collaborations with clients on vendor-branded projects.
Topics range from technical issues, such as cybersecurity and artificial intelligence, to other pervasive issues, including equity, inclusion and empathetic leadership. At GovLoop, we believe in taking a collaborative approach to developing content, which means you’ll work closely with colleagues across teams to bring stories to life, including graphic designers, project managers, animators and marketers. In addition to interviewing government employees and senior leaders, you’ll also interview industry experts to develop vendor-branded content that speaks to the GovLoop community.
Who You Are:
· You have 2+ years of relevant writing experience.
· You have experience working with clients to co-create vendor-branded content products.
· You have strong writing and copy-editing skills, with a preference for AP Style.
· You have experience translating technical topics into terms that connect with a diverse community of readers.
· You have knowledge of the government IT community.
· You are adept at interviewing senior officials, driven by curiosity and an interest in issues that affect the government community and the public it serves.
· You are an emotionally intelligent leader who is willing to partner and brainstorm on projects across GovLoop teams.
· You have strong research skills and the ability to educate yourself on a new field or topic.
· You thrive in a remote work environment.
· You are adaptable and open to testing new ideas.
· You are skilled at giving and receiving feedback.
· You have experience in publishing and producing online content (WordPress preferred).
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts