Granicus is seeking a skilled product owner to join our engineering team – creating great tools that help transform government. The Product Owner is responsible for gathering business requirements from cross-functional stakeholders, guiding the vision of what needs to be built, and working with the engineering team to deliver that vision. You will define acceptance criteria for stories and validate that they are met. You will manage the product backlog, delivering a prioritized set of stories for the product. As the Product Owner you are responsible for delivering roadmap concepts and maintaining the products.
What You'll Do:
· Act as the agile product owner on engineering scrum team(s)
· Own and prioritize the backlog for a feature area in collaboration with the Product Manager
· Prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements and work to drive user stories to acceptance throughout the agile development lifecycle
· Participate in sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings and provide feedback to the team
· Ensure acceptance criteria are clearly defined and verify that story implementation matches requirements
· Drive projects to completion
· Maintain constant communication with the team
· Enable internal teams to support product
Who You Are:
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
· Ability to prioritize product capabilities/features based on vision, business goals, technology, schedules and budgets
· Ability to influence without authority and champion change when needed
· Detective-like problem solving skills – you thoroughly investigate the situation and then use that data to design the right solution
· Ability to flex between the technical and business sides of your brain
· Relentless commitment to prioritization
· Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and lead cross functional teams
· Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
· Ability to work with distributed teams, across timezones
· Passion for customers and good user experience
Education & Experience:
· 5 years of experience working with technical teams, product development and / or product management
Base Salary starts at $75,000 + Bonus + Benefits and will be adjusted based on experience.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts