Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Come see the impactful work we’ve done on communities across the country (and world!): https://granicus.com/success-stories/
Due to Granicus’ continued growth, the Business Development Team is seeking new team members who will work to identify potential customers, further our partnerships with existing clients and increase the adoption of modern government technology throughout the country.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities to help support the Federal, State and Local Sales teams. They will partner with Sales Executives to set up discovery meetings and opportunities with key decision makers in the government. These opportunities will be generated through qualifying inbound marketing campaign leads and strategic outbound communication. This role is for a highly-motivated, ambitious, and results driven individual.
Through strategic partnerships with members of the Sales and Marketing Teams, Business Development Representatives will be exposed to a variety of roles and experiences. This will help develop the skills and business acumen needed to become a top-tier sales professional in the GovTech sector and build a successful career.
Granicus is a remote first company (this isn’t temporary). Though, you have the option for in-office work should you be located near one of our hubs.
What You’ll Do:
· Develop new business via phone and email to educate and introduce the prospect to the Granicus platform
· Conduct initial qualification and discover prospect's current environment, pain points, and potential projects
· Identify appropriate key buying influencers within the target market and their established budget and timeline
· Follow up with inbound marketing leads and outbound prospects through a strategic outreach plan to generate additional interest in Granicus and qualify for a potential opportunity
· Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
· Collaborate with account executives to create strategic territory plans and develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals
· Use Salesforce CRM to properly track all sales activities and manage contact/lead data for accuracy
· Analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
Who you are:
· You have work and/ or internships experience in sales or marketing, or a degree in business, communications, or another related field
· You have 1+ year of relevant work experience
· You can meet and/or exceed set sales and activity metrics
· You can build strong client relationships
· You have excellent written and oral communication skills
· You have effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
· You are proficient in MS Office products
· Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
Come learn more about working at Granicus on our website: https://granicus.com/careers/