Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be working within an energetic agile team implementing solutions that support a wide range of customers. You will develop high quality web-based applications for new and existing features. You will also have the opportunity to bring your creative ideas to the table to deliver better solutions to our users.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for developing new features and supporting/bug fixing existing features
· Responsible for production
· Share what they know by mentoring other team members
Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
· Curious and avid learners
· Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
· Self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
· Driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
· Collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
· Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
· Design and architecture knowledge
· Experience with Agile software development
· Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean code
· 1 to 3 years of professional experience with Java or .NET and common frameworks
· Can work advanced database magic with relational and NoSQL databases
· Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
· Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
· Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
· Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That’s why, at Vertafore, it’s our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore conducts preemployment background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.