Tech Lead (Java + AWS)
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Have an intense passion for building software and mentoring their teams
- Are very strong in both design and implementation at an enterprise level
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience with Java and common frameworks
- Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
- Design 'perfect-fit' solutions with engineering teams and business units to drive business growth and customer delight
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5 to 8 years of experience in Web Application Development
• Hands on working in Java and it's frameworks.
• Leading Engineering team for developing new features and product enhancements using Agile Methodology
• Setting up standards and conducting Code and Security Review
• Hands on with build tools Maven/Gradle
• Experience in implementing Microservices and API Architecture
• Experience with Any DevOps tools. Preferably Team City or Jenkins
• Experience in working with Elastic Search / Dynamo DB
• Experience in developing applications with AWS Cloud.
• Experience in creating Technical Solutions for Business requirements.
• Experience in End to end SDLC steps in Application Development.
• Preferred - AWS Developer Certification.
• Experience in writing and analysing complex SQL queries.
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.