Sr. Compliance Services Analyst
$75,000 - $95,000 + VIP Bonus
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
The successful candidate for this role will perform a key function in the Vertafore Finance department and will partner with other organizations across the company. This role will focus on three main areas: SOX Compliance, Procurement, and special projects and process improvements.
Vertafore was recently acquired by a public company and we continue to refine and evolve our SOX compliance program. This person will coordinate with control owners in accounting, finance, internal audit, information technology, and external auditors to ensure our SOX documentation is accurate and we have properly rationalized controls that are operating effectively.
This role will also support our Procurement department by working with internal stakeholders with sourcing, contract management, renewal strategies, and vendor management.
We also focus on process improvements, better use of systems, automation, and tailoring our policies and procedures to ensure we are operating as effectively and accurately as possible. This position will work with others in the Finance and Systems teams to find ways to improve and automate or processes.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and improve our SOX Compliance documentation including narratives, flowcharts, and control matrices
- Work with the Finance team to ensure we have a sufficient number of effective controls and clear procedures to maintain a high-quality control environment
- Partner with internal and external auditors to facilitate their audits
- Document deficiencies and work with the control owners to successfully remediate any findings
- Support the Procurement department and internal stakeholders with sourcing related initiatives and process/policy related questions.
- Maintain and keep updated internal and external procurement process and policy communications
- Troubleshoot and fix system (NetSuite & ServiceNow) related issues to ensure business needs are being met and system performance is optimized
- Update and leverage data within enterprise software solutions to support business objectives and provide procurement reporting on a recurring basis
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to obtain renewal quotes
- Facilitate vendor onboarding process and partner with Accounts Payable to resolve any gaps
- Maintain contract management tool (Pramata) to ensure contracts are fully approved, executed, and properly stored
- Process Improvement
- Understand our processes and procedures in use today
- Partner with the team to think critically about current processes and how we use systems and find new ways to perform our tasks
- Understand our systems and work with our systems teams to research ways to better utilize our tools
- Find ways to make manual processes more efficient
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Big 4 or Tier 2 public accounting experience strongly preferred, including working on SOX components of public company audits
- SaaS software industry experience preferred
- Strong understanding of SOX Compliance
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Participate in annual and other audits by providing relevant support for testing selections
- Intermediate to advance skills with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft excel (including ability to generate pivot tables and write simple excel formulas)
- Having an open mindset, good listening skills, and willingness to incorporate best practices
- Being comfortable with change resulting from the need to incorporate best practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to make presentations in meetings
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.