Software Engineer I
$63,000 + VIP Bonus
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
Looking to start your career in Technology? We have opportunities right here in mid-Michigan! Vertafore is looking for talented people to join our team. Our dynamic environment provides professional development, fast upward mobility, and exposure to the latest and greatest in technology.
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., including East Lansing, Michigan – minutes from Michigan State University!
We are looking for a software engineer with experience or an interest in application security to join our team. In this role you will work with multiple application development teams and other departments to help ensure our products meet internal security standards as well as the expectations of our customers and SSDLC (Secure Software Development Lifecycle) best practices. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Work across teams and departments to ensure the security integrity of our products
- Stay informed of internal security standards and overall best practices
- Share security information with your peers and promote awareness
- Participate in the secure design, development, and review of applications
- Provide feedback and suggestions for addressing security vulnerabilities
- Conduct technical research on security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them
- Prepare product documentation, support materials, and internal documentation
- Monitor the results of security scanning tools and escalate issues as necessary
We need software engineers who:
- Have an intense passion for application security
- Have a minimum of 1 year of Java or .NET experience
- Are familiar with application security testing methods
- Are eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
- Enjoy solving problems as part of a team
We love software engineers who:
- Are familiar with the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Stay informed of emerging security threats
- Know what it means to ship secure code
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend their opinions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Champion a security-first approach to development
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection
- Based out of out East Lansing, MI office location*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID and our workforce is remote
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.