Principal Software Engineer (Remote)
$135,000-$147,000 + VIP Bonus
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
As the principal software engineer, you will lead the BenefitPoint teams in enhancing the BenefitPoint application. You will be hands on, involved in designing new features and maintaining existing functionality within BenefitPoint to achieve the vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and facilitating company-wide collaboration. You will coordinate with product management leaders and utilize customer feedback or data to provide expert advice on technical leadership while writing and altering portfolio-wide requirements and specifications and creating cross-product integrated solutions. You will also provide expertise in code reviews and grooming and provide feedback and advice in correcting issues discovered along with identifying patterns and other related issues. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love working on an extensive application, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to connect.
We need product developers who are:
- Experienced in implementing software development principles and design patterns, preferably using Java
- Capable of designing and providing technical guidance on cross-product solutions independently
- Advanced with SQL databases (Oracle, Postgres, and Aurora)
- In-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Experienced in security best practices for software and data platforms
- 'Perfect-fit' solutions designers with engineering teams and business units to drive business growth and customer delight
- Problem solvers through the entire application stack
- Interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
We love product developers who:
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Are curious and avid learners
- Can interact with customers to gather insights and translate technical concepts
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for the entire development team
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
- 10+ years of professional experience with Java and common frameworks
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.