Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are seeking highly motivated Business Development Representatives (BDR) interested in kick starting their career in sales. BDR’s are the first point of contact for the sales team – an important first impression. You will be tasked both with speaking to accounts we have reason to believe are interested in our services and reaching out to agencies that do not know of us to pique their interest in our software solutions.
The primary responsibility of the position is to drive bookings and recurring revenue growth by generating, qualifying, and developing sales pipeline. The BDR is a vital link between Marketing and Sales, and the BDR must be able to plan and execute daily and weekly, required activities to generate sales opportunities for Vertafore. This role has knowledge of the organization’s products/services, and can partner with Marketing to execute campaigns, programs, and closed-loop business & sales development activities. The BDR also works closely with Operations & Sales Management.
During your discussions you will gather information surrounding agency challenges such that you can narrow in on the correct software match. Additionally, you will work to discover the key players in the buying process as well as when and how they need our assistance. BDR generated leads are routed to all segments and territories to be followed up on and closed by the proper sales representative. The idea of the role is to learn the company and our software inside and out with an ultimate goal of being promoted internally.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Execute the Vertafore Lead & Opportunity Management process for building sales pipeline.
- Possess a working understanding of Salesforce.com and other key sales technologies used for Business Development and Opportunity creation.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Product teams to execute campaigns that ensure lead quality and quantity with proper closed-loop metric reporting.
- Regularly perform against individual monthly and/or quarterly targets: pipeline, conversion rates, and stage “Zero” Opportunities which may consist of meetings, appointments virtually, demos, or follow-up calls assigned to quota carrying sales reps in Vertafore.
- Collaborate with internal sales operations stakeholders on reporting and analysis.
- Chart and Deliver timely and accurate forecasting and pipeline management.
- Ensure CRM tools and Vertafore value-selling methodologies are leveraged to process and track opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven track record of achieving goals and/or quotas, or other similar objectives.
- Ability to be a team player and perform in a fast-paced, inside sales oriented environment
- Confidence to prospect and develop new sales leads
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with sales technology and CRM tools
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.