Sr. Product Designer (Remote)
$90,000-$120,000 + VIP Bonus
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. Whether you’re interested in engineering or development, marketing or sales, or something else – if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in the US, Canada, and India.
As a Sr. Product Designer you will be a key contributor in improving the workflows and overall user experience of hundreds of thousands of insurance providers and consumers. This person will partner with the other Product Design team members, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify design problems and validate useful, usable, and feasible design solutions.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who strive to create user-centered platforms. Our team thrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance is complicated, but we believe its software doesn’t have to be!
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Engage in product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify user needs
· Drive problem solving methodology over solution first methodology with Product and Engineering teams
· Develop user testing strategy and mentor product designers on a user testing framework
· Conduct research including user interviews, user discovery, concept validation, and usability testing.
· Document and socialize usability findings with cross-functional teams.
· Translate research findings and recommendations into insights and evidence-based wireframes, presentations and ux documents.
· Partner with team members in developing and evolving the visual language, interaction patterns and design system for Vertafore’s products and platforms, incorporating Vertafore’s brand and voice.
· Facilitate design thinking workshops with users and internal teams to identify problems.
· Create reusable, scalable visual design assets that fit into a greater pattern library and are consumable by developers and engineers.
· Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partner teams.
· Participate in design reviews, mentoring and learning from other product designers.
· Present concepts, wireframes, data insights and prototypes to users and internal teams.
· Partner with design leaders to drive Design Operations and Design Processes.
· Lead design direction on complex software products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are an effective communicator who is adept at facilitating working sessions.
· You ask questions to get to the heart of the problem at hand.
· You have experience with Universal and Inclusive design practices.
· You are proficient in design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
· You have effective research skills, by leading well-framed usability testing: planning, recruiting, leading, analyzing results, making design recommendations, and communicating findings & recommendations.
· You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives, user research, design problems, and design solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
· You are proficient in leading design conversations that put our users first.
· You are proficient working with design systems and/or pattern libraries.
· You have a solid understanding and experience with visual design fundamentals: color, typography, composition, space, time/motion, information visualization.
· You fully grasp of the theories, concepts, and methods of user-centered design and interaction design (controls, states, etc.) which you have applied in a variety of ways.
· You are proactive in your approach, identifying new problems and working toward a solution.
· You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of work.
· You have 5+ years of professional experience in a software or agency setting or comparable education/work experience
· You are proficient in user-centered design principles and data driven design strategies
· You are proficient in research fundamentals such as user interviews, data analyzation, surveys and usability surveys
· You have experience in working in an agile development process
· You have deep knowledge and experience with design systems and interaction patterns
· You are an effective collaborator across teams, including Product Design, and Development
· Your expertise is demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills
· You are proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, or other similar design tools
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 15% of the time.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.