Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is seeking a Corporate Counsel, based in London (or nearby), to join the company’s growing and dynamic legal team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-branded, highly successful organization with a world-class legal department. This role will serve as a “utility player” with the opportunity to work on diverse legal matters. The successful candidate will also work closely with senior decision-makers and others across the organization primarily in support of Marketo’s business in EMEA and will also provide support for the worldwide legal team. Superb verbal and written communication skills are a must. In addition, the legal department is highly valued and partners closely with its business colleagues to help scale the company’s growing business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- 7+ years of experience drafting and negotiating technology transactions including SaaS agreements.
- Experience drafting and negotiating data protection terms, including cross-border data transfers and provisions related to GDPR and other EU data protection regulations.
- A solid understanding of intellectual property and revenue recognition issues.
- Experience with reseller and partner/alliance agreements is a plus.
- “Business acumen” with ability to understand the company's business and anticipate legal issues that could arise in various settings, understand and respect cultural norms and etiquettes and established record partnering with the business in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Ability to provide innovative and pragmatic advice to internal and external partners.
- Excellent academic credentials are required.
- In house experience at a high growth company is preferred, but we will consider stellar law firm candidates.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French and/or German desirable.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, with advisory responsibilities for sales, customer success, professional services, business development, procurement, and marketing activities.
- Providing legal and strategic business advice and support across a broad spectrum of internal functions, including sales operations, finance, IT, and product support.
- Helping to drive legal departmental initiatives, including the redesign of legal support processes, contract programs, and templates, and the use of technologies to increase efficiencies.
- Personality fit with our legal department is paramount. This lawyer must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic, be friendly, energetic, collaborative and flexible and dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a high-quality company and legal department in an attractive and important role. We offer a competitive compensation package for the qualified candidate.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer