Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
We are looking for an architect with expertise in building modern, distributed service-based SaaS platforms using loosely coupled components. Help us transform our more traditional engineering model, to the more modern Site Reliability Engineering practices to improve our uptime and time to market with new features. If you like big architectural challenges, you should join our team!
If you’re passionate about using new and innovative technology (React.js, Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop etc), working with a team that’s massively growing, and helping a top-tier SaaS company revolutionize the marketing engagement industry, Marketo is the place for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 5+ years of experience in a technical design lead or architecture role in a distributed services platform environment
- Expert developing secure, scalable and reliable web services
- Expert at designing/developing massively scaled distributed systems, with loosely coupled services
- Experienced designing SDKs and developer ecosystems for SaaS platforms
- Experience developing in Java, Scala or other JVM language
- Experience with modern NoSQL and distributed storage technologies, such as HDFS, HBase, Cassandra, Solr and Kafka