Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
We are looking for an architect with expertise in building big data warehouse, data lakes, scalable ETL pipelines, and business intelligence tools in a SaaS environment.
You’ll be part of our architecture team and will focus on the new analytics platform that manages petabytes of data and serves thousands of customers.
If you’re passionate about using new and innovative technology (React.js, Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop etc), working with a team that’s massively growing, and helping a top-tier SaaS company revolutionize the marketing engagement industry, Marketo is the place for you!
This role reports to the Chief Architect.
What will you do?
- Drive our big data analytics platform architecture and framework, by designing, prototyping and implementing ETL pipelines, third party data ingestion frameworks, data lake and business intelligence engine.
- Transition our existing analytics infrastructure to the new platform.
- Evaluate BI engines and provide recommendations to the engineering team.
- Interface with engineers and product managers to understand product and engineering requirements.
- Use BigQuery, Hadoop ,Apache Spark, Kafka and other big data technologies to design the platform and frameworks.
Is this you?
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in business intelligence, data warehouse technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical design lead or architecture role.
- Experience with ETL frameworks, data warehouse products and BI products.
- Experience building ETL processes for large volumes of data
- Experience with relational databases, designing analytical schemas (star/snowflake)
- A solid understanding of NoSQL database technologies.
- Proficiency in Java/Scala
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Marketo is an equal opportunity employer