Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Marketo has an amazing opportunity for a bright, energetic Financial Analyst to join our elite finance team within a fast-growing software company. This position will report into the Manager of Corporate FP&A and play a key role on the corporate finance team. This team engages directly with Marketo’s Senior Leadership Team, including the CFO, COO and CEO. The Analyst will build quarterly Board Decks, ad hoc presentations, partner on strategic projects, and be charged with improving the efficiency of the Finance team using the financial planning system (Adaptive Insights).
Given the frequent meetings and collaboration with Senior Executives and leadership throughout the organization, strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
This position will reside in our newly opened and freshly remodeled downtown Denver office, with a “Silicon Valley” atmosphere where the business is creating a Global Center of Excellence.
- Prepare month/quarterly reports and presentations for executive management, investors and Board of Directors.
- Partner with the Manager of FP&A to drive the process for long term strategic plans, annual operating plan, monthly forecasts including: timing, deliverables, presentation content and target setting with senior management.
- Own weekly and monthly cash flow forecasting
- Track business performance by building dashboards, analyzing KPIs, financial results against projections and business trends to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Ad hoc projects and financial analysis to support key business decisions
- Work closely with Accounting and Sales Ops to ensure timely and accurate financial closes and process/system improvements
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of direct experience in a Corporate FP&A function, public accounting, management consulting, or similar environment, with a strong understanding of GAAP financials
- Demonstrated affluence with business analytics and tools – advanced Excel and Power Point skills required and systems experience such as Tableau, and Adaptive Insights highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a quantitative discipline (or equivalent experience); MBA or advanced degree a plus. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus.
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value, and insight into performance measurement and reporting techniques
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action and desire to pursue a career in finance
- Team Oriented – ability to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Clarity of thought – strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and interact with Executive leadership
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer