Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a software engineer on the Platform Services engineering team who will have the opportunity to work on key Marketo server projects such as the Account-Based Marketing server or the new massively scalable Marketing Campaign engine. He or she will collaborate with the senior engineering team members and utilize innovative technologies such as Spring, Spark, Akka, Mongo, and HBase to deliver the products.
This role sits in our San Mateo office and reports to the Manager, Platform Services Engineering.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain.
- Participate in projects to improve product architecture, robustness and performance.
- Contribute to the development of engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with Client Services, Operations, and other Engineering teams to triage, prioritize, and resolve software programming problems.
Is this you?
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Experience in Java or Scala, Design Patterns, and OOD/OOP.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player.
Would be great if you also know:
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, MongoDB, Hadoop
- Scala, Akka
- Asynchronous Reactive Programming
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our headquarters are based in San Mateo and offers free parking and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer