Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
The Senior Solutions Consultant is responsible for understanding our customers and prospects needs’ and developing the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment and analyses to clearly define the business objectives and capabilities, as well as the supporting business case, demonstrating how those requirements are supported using the Marketo solution, and executive summary proposal. The Senior Solution Consultant is also responsible for transitioning the business requirements, technical footprint and integration requirements to the implementation team upon completion of the engagement.
This role sits remotely and reports to the Director, Solutions Consulting.
What will you do?
- Partner with the Account Executive team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution.
- Utilize strong business acumen, including best practices and business processes, to understand and communicate business requirements and solutions strategy to customers and prospects.
- Articulate the value of Marketo’s solution set and positioning in the market place. Help shape the evolution of our solution by partnering with Client Services, Product Management, Product Marketing and Development.
- Develop custom customer presentations leveraging value-based selling methodologies including, ROI, Executive Summary, Cross-channel Campaign Strategies, KPI Measures and more.
- Manage across large accounts with multiple divisions and opportunities to develop a strategy and multi-year vision for account penetration and create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships
- Develop digital strategy and targeted multi-channel marketing programs for clients that help them successfully build profitable, long-term relationships with their customers
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements and business cases.
- Contribute to all design needed for the solution (Business, Data, Application, Integration).
- Contribute and complete technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
Is this you?
- Minimum 8 years of business experience, pre sales and /or product marketing, demand generation, business consulting, preferably in a SaaS business environment
- Deep understanding of all digital marketing and product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers
- Experience selling CRM, SFA and/or marketing software to enterprise level customers preferred
- Demonstrated history of goal and / or quota over-achievement
- Experience working with C-Level and top line management to understand business strategy and objectives
- Demonstrated ability in developing business cases that communicate requirements and solutions strategy for enterprise level prospects and customers
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment and able to lead and manage resources
- Highly dependable, self-starter, high energy, positive attitude with good organization and time management skills
- Four-year college/university degree or equivalent experience is required
- Experience with Marketo or competitive product is a plus
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.