Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
Marketo (an Adobe Company) provides
easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing
small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center
into a revenue driver. Marketo is a leader in cloud software, recently rated in
the top 50 of the Deloitte Technology fast 500! We offer competitive
salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for
personal and professional growth.
Real time CRM synchronization is a key
differentiator of Marketo’s Marketing Automation Platform. Our customers have
millions of leads in their Marketo and CRM systems. Keeping these two
synchronized in an accurate and timely manner is mission critical and
challenging. Solving this problem with the scalability and high performance our
customers demand is a key job for the Marketing Automation Platform team.
As an engineer on this team, you will
work on Marketo’s platform backend components and help take them to the next
level of scalability and performance. We use proven technologies like Java, PHP
and MySQL as well as leading edge Big Data technologies like Spark, Kafka,
Mongo and Scala.
If you are passionate about solving
challenging technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and
fun-loving environment, we think this is a good opportunity for you.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous
integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, yet easy
- Contribute to feature/component design and conduct effective
peer code reviews where needed.
- Actively participate in architecture and design discussions.
Is this you?
- 1+ years of industry software development experience.
- Strong core Java, design patterns and OOD/OOP skills.
- Knowledge of SQL queries and database concepts
- Testing frameworks like Junit
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a
It is great if you know:
- Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Akka framework
- Cassandra, Redis, Mongo
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed,
radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with
local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including
health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter
benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community
service, and more