Director of RE & Lease Administration
This is a full-time position that will report to our CFO. The ideal candidate will earn the confidence and trust of others; show consistency between words and actions; deliver on commitments; produce high quality of work and demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct. They will address complex issues; define strategic issues clearly despite ambiguity and take all critical information into account when making timely and tough decisions.
- Direct and monitor property management, facilities management, licensing, and contracts.
- Ability to negotiate and manage many different transactions at the same time.
- Review, prepare and negotiate various lease documents, agreements and applications.
- Issue oral and written instructions to attorneys, governmental agencies, landlords, property managers, vendors and employees.
- Facilitate settlement in landlord disputes, third party matters.
- Coordinate with Construction/Development team on site details, condition of new leased premises, Tenant Improvements and Landlord work.
- Control and/or reduce costs through CAM assessment and validation, lease negotiations and rent reductions. Engage third party support as needed.
- Review and negotiate vendor and maintenance contracts.
- Establish real estate department goals, objectives, operating procedures and performance measures.
- Assist the CFO in other special projects as assigned, working cross-functionally with peers, managers, and executives and outside consultants or advisors.
- Corporate & legal duties to include drafting of franchise renewals.
- Monitor the development of the real estate and facilities coordinators. Assure ongoing technical development and training to maintain strong competencies in their areas of expertise. Develop and maintain a strong cross-training program to help ensure all positions have appropriate back up.
- Facilitate communication and information exchange with external and internal partners including Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax, Risk Management, Restaurant Operations, outside legal, advisors and Landlords.
- Ability to travel when needed to support field teams.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in real estate, legal or similar management role.
- Experience in multiunit Restaurant or Retail environment with numerous locations
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Real Estate or Legal, preferred.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following:
· Hybrid Work
· Early Wage Access
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Term Life and AD&D Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Time Off
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Free meals and other fun perks
We are Out West Restaurant Group, the largest franchisee of Outback Steakhouse. Outback Steakhouse is an Australian theme restaurant that opened in March of 1988. At Outback Steakhouse we take food seriously, without forgetting the fun and we are proud to do things uniquely and strive to positively impact the lives of our people we call “Outbackers”. We believe if you treat people “Just Right” then success is sure to follow. It’s a culture of respect and camaraderie that breeds enthusiasm. We start with indulging each customer like a guest in our own home. We continue by committing to the success of each and every Outbacker to be trained to the best of their ability. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Outback Steakhouse.
International Franchise Association’s Franchisee of the Year Award 2022, for Exemplifying Excellence in Local Community Service.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us.
Outback Steakhouse prohibits the use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property. “We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.”