JOB TITLE: Marketing Coordinator Department: Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing LOCATION: Plano, TX
Velvet Taco has 20+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ per year over the next 5 years. We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our Tribe and help lead a broad range of marketing initiatives.
The Marketing Coordinator, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, will work closely with other members of the Restaurant Support Office and Field Operations. Primary responsibilities include social media, online brand reputation, print materials, local restaurant marketing, and implementation at the restaurant-level. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for acting as a brand guardian to ensure brand consistency and communication to the restaurants is accomplished and committed to making sure the restaurants are supported.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Restaurant Support: Collaborates with the Director of Operations, General Managers, and Managers on marketing initiatives and projects. Assists in the development of systems and programs for local restaurant marketing so that the most effective support is provided to the restaurant while evaluating ROI on programs, sponsorships, donations, etc. Reports relevant media and PR opportunities and events in the local area to the local operator.
- Local Marketing Program Development: Assists in the development of local marketing programs that will be rolled out to the field. This includes developing program ideas, developing rollout materials and communication to the field.
- Social Media: Manages Velvet Taco’s social media presences, content calendar, photoshoots, and community management while continually analyzing results for areas of improvement and growth. Platforms include (but not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Graphics/Print Program: Coordinates relationship with vendors for marketing collateral, swag, and uniforms. Assists in managing restaurant graphics/signage for replacements and/or New Restaurant Openings.
- Gift Cards: Manages vendor relationship for gift card needs. Oversees the overall gift card program, both online and in-restaurant.
- Brand Reputation & Guest Relations: Supports guest feedback including the website’s “Contact Us” form, online reputation, and social media sentiment.
- PR, Media & Influencer Strategy: Supports PR, media, and influencer strategy.
- New Restaurant Openings: Collaborates in the development and implementation of a New Restaurant Opening process as it relates to marketing including social media, PR, influencer outreach, signage, and design.
- The Velvet Room: Supports The Velvet Room loyalty and email program.
- Digital Marketing: Supports digital and online efforts including social media, email, website, SEO, online listings, online reputation, and third-party delivery services.
- Menu: Supports menu launches, Catering and Weekly Taco Feature (WTF) program as needed.
- General Duties: Assists with overall marketing department goal planning, strategy and strategic initiatives and calendar planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 years of Marketing experience required
- 1 year of restaurant experience required
- Knowledge of general marketing concepts required
- Social media experience required, strategy is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working digital marketing programs preferred
- PR, media relations and influencer marketing experience preferred
- Aligns with Velvet Taco’s culture
- Out-of-the box thinking
- Ability to think analytically while being creative (…a unicorn)
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to recognize and solve problems
- Ability to set goals and convert plans into action
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
Dallas – Fort Worth – Austin – Houston – San Antonio – Chicago – Atlanta – Charlotte
Velvet Taco is an Equal Opportunity Employer