AAA is looking for talented, innovative, strategic, and forward-thinking Project Manager to join our team! The Project Manager will ensure projects undertaken by AAA WCNY are completed on time, within budget, and meet organization objectives. To accomplish this, the PM will be responsible for the overall planning, management and delivery of large complex projects from inception through delivery.
This position is located in Williamsville, NY.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Competitive PTO package
- 401K with match after 6 months!
- Free AAA Membership
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Responsible for the overall planning, management and delivery of large complex projects from inception through delivery.
- Coordinates the completion and delivery of all technical and non-technical project deliverables within and across all phases of assigned projects.
- Identifies and secures resources to meet project deliverables.
- Holds project team members and stakeholders accountable for project deliverables as specified, on schedule and within budget.
- Manages project risks, issues, costs, scope and schedule.
- Escalates project issues in a timely fashion.Identifies alternatives and impacts associated with issue resolution
- Utilizes project management tools utilized in the project development life-cycle
- Provides project estimates in coordination with project teams and in compliance with the AAA WCNY Project Management Life-cycle.
- Follows proper change control for all project-related changes.
- Reports status of all assigned projects to all project stakeholders and executive management.
- Ensures the quality of project delivery through requirements traceability throughout the project life-cycle.
- Guides project and stakeholders through all aspects of project management and governance.
- Completes all related responsibilities and accountabilities defined in the AAA WCNY Project Management Life-cycle.
- Coordinates testing and quality process when required.
- Assists, or leads when required, the development of business requirements.
- Develops and improves the AAA WCNY Project Management Lifecycle while championing the value of project management at AAA.
- Participates in other duties and projects as required.
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to the AAA Way: Passion & Caring, Expertise, Accountability, Effective Communication, and Operational Excellence.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing complex technology or business process change projects; preferably in a formalized project setting.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or related certification is REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software.
- Working knowledge of Project Portfolio Management software and concepts.
- Experience with business requirements management and software quality process.
- Experience with project issue escalation and communication.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills especially the ability to communicate complex ideas and issues in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across multiple organizational levels and business lines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
AAA Western & Central New York is a not-for-profit, fully-taxpaying association serving nearly 855,000 members throughout Upstate New York. As Upstate’ s largest member services organization, AAA provides its members with world-class travel, insurance, financial, and automotive services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through its AAA Travel & Insurance Centers and online at www.AAA.com. AAA exists for its members, and judges everything we do by how well it serves their needs. Since its founding in June 1900, AAA has been a leading advocate for the safety and security of all motorists and travelers.
More information about AAA can be found at www.westerncentralny.aaa.com
Apply for this job or another online today at https://westerncentralny.aaa.com/careers
AAA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; it is the policy of AAA WCNY not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial status, and all other protected categories under federal, state or local law, with regard to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training at all levels of the employment.