KanPak® is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of the very best beverage, yogurt and dessert solutions. Aseptic technology is at the heart of many products we create, allowing all KanPak® products to ship and store without refrigeration for up to 12 months, but it’s our state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing capabilities and exceptional customer service that really set us apart from competitors.
Coffee beverages, creamers, yogurt, frozen desserts, and specialty beverages – no matter what kind of product you’re looking for, we can deliver. Our aseptic processing and packaging makes our solutions more convenient, efficient and environmentally friendly.
We are seeking an energetic, skilled Network Operations Manager for our facility in Arkansas City, KS.
Managing all aspects of network operations center, management of connectivity, network performance, maintaining network software configurations, managing the distribution of patches and software releases as needed, network and system trouble shooting, monitoring tools, alarm conditions as well as escalation processes and procedures, leading and defining the process of troubleshooting and participating in change management and root cause analysis and interfacing with field operations, engineering team, equipment vendors, and network service providers.
Ensure that the team works in compliance with the company’s policy and procedures. Manage day-to-day activities of the network operation(s) team(s) responsible for all aspect of maintaining a distributed network, including preventative maintenance, fault isolation, equipment installation and project, manage connectivity, network performance and timely outage resolution.
* Participate in formulating and administering division’s short- and long-range goals and objectives for business growth
* Advise in procurement of network equipment and software, including receiving, physical installation and configuration, including disposing of equipment no longer needed according to policy.
* Ensure that proper network and communication hardware and software inventories are up to date. Maintain all license and support contract documentation.
* Develop and enforce change control procedures.
* Confirm compatibility and manage impact to business of all new equipment and changes.
* Respond to all network outages or performance issues and direct his team to execute necessary repair or configuration changes.
* Manage all contracted and outsourced services, such as telecom, voice and video, including hiring vendors.
* Ensure the installation of firmware patches and updates to all network devices and software are performed in a timely manner.
* Review and approve network security measures and monitoring.
* Oversee access rights and permissions policies as required by the business.
* Build strong relationships with other department heads as well as technology partners.
* Effectively communicates to different audiences. It is important to be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text), and to present these coherently and logically.
* Provide technical leadership in all competencies and promotes best practices
* Bachelor's degree in a computer science discipline
* 5+ years hands on technical experience in comparable position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Active Directory, VMWare,
* Windows O/S and other Microsoft products including but not limited to exchange, SQL, O365, & Office related products.
* Experience supporting PBX voice systems (Mitel preferred)
* Experience supporting and troubleshooting a variety of switches/routers, VMWare and TCP/IP software protocols.
* Verbal and written communication skills - able to understand and bridge business requirements between end users and technical resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
KanPak, LLC encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Applicants only; No Recruiters please.
KanPak, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. KanPak will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.