KanPak® is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of the very best beverage and dessert solutions. Aseptic technology is at the heart of many products we create, allowing all KanPak® products to ship and store without refrigeration for up to 12 months, but it’s our state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing capabilities and exceptional customer service that really set us apart from competitors.
KanPak, a golden state foods company - offers an excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, dental, eye care, life insurance, 401(k) retirement, vacation, discounts and more.
View our recruitment video by clicking HERE!
We are seeking candidates for an Industrial Electrician / Maintenance Mechanic in Penn Yan, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures
* Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the country, state and federal levels
* Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions
* Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power)
* Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
* Competent with programming of VFD’s
* Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift
* Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
* Proficient in testing and troubleshooting electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and megaohmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
* Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers
* Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced
* Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed
* Position will be the primary electrician on staff, but will fill in on the completion of other duties as necessary. Equipment repair, preventive maintenance etc.
* Requires experience of Occupational Health and Safety in the food industry, manufacturing experience preferred.
* Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Must be computer proficient, and able to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
* Must obtain knowledge of Federal and State OSHA/EPA requirements.
* Must live within a 30 mile radius of the plant and be able to be “on call” for instances that happen on different shifts
* Safety of the workforce.
* Food Safety.
* Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
* Personal ongoing development.
* All other duties as assigned
* Basic Electricity & Electronics
* DC Equipment & Controls
* Batteries & DC Circuits
* Transformers & AC Circuits
* Three-Phase Systems
* Electrical Measuring Instruments
* AC Control Equipment
* Electrical Safety & Protection
* Electrical Troubleshooting
* Power Supplies
* Input/Output Devices
* Ability to read Electrical Schematics and mechanical blueprints
* Variable Frequency Drives
* Programmable Logic Controllers, General Maintenance, plumbing, drywall experience
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
KanPak, LLC encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
KanPak, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. KanPak will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.