KanPak® is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of the very best beverage, yogurt and dessert solutions. Aseptic technology is at the heart of many products we create, allowing all KanPak® products to ship and store without refrigeration for up to 12 months, but it’s our state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing capabilities and exceptional customer service that really set us apart from competitors.
Coffee beverages, creamers,frozen desserts, and specialty beverages – no matter what kind of product you’re looking for, we can deliver. Our aseptic processing and packaging makes our solutions more convenient, efficient and environmentally friendly.
We are seeking an energetic, skilled Purchasing Buyer for our facility in Arkansas City, KS.
Work Days/Hours: Monday - Friday - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Performs a variety of clerical duties and tasks to coordinate the purchasing, delivery, and flow of raw materials to support production and meet customer needs.
* Create POs in IMaint, Send POs to Vendors, follow up with Vendors as needed, Review long outstanding POs
* Verify we are receiving the best price on equivalent items by Obtaining 3 quotes on any individual item that exceeds $100.00.
* Capital Projects: Maintain copy of approved CER Information along with related Invoices
* Handle the General Ledger coding of the invoices.
* Utilize the Maintenance Dept. credit card for small dollar immediate purchases and provide supporting documents & statement to supervisor/manager on monthly basis.
* Parts Inventory Management on an item basis. Evaluate & Propose Min & Max Order requirements on a quarterly basis & monitor compliance of approved by Maint. & Finance Leadership, Inventory Turns, Review Cycle Counts & all other inventory movements.
* Plant Maintenance KPI- working with Maintenance and Finance Leadership
* Petty Cash: Make change for employees, handle the funds for work related expenses with proof/receipt, receive cash for payments (ex. badge replacements), provide reconciliation of petty cash on a monthly basis to Supervisor/Manager.
* Handle the GSF Foundation money
* Audit expense reports by verify receipts match the reimbursement, send to corporate accounts payment and then will code to the proper general ledger account in papersave.
* Work with local businesses to send invoices to accounts payable for processing directly.
* Additional duties/task as assigned.
* Back up for receptionist
Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree in related field preferred.
2 years of relevant work experience
KanPak, LLC encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Applicants only; No Recruiters please.
KanPak, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. KanPak will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.