KanPak® is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of the very best beverage, yogurt and dessert solutions. Aseptic technology is at the heart of many products we create, allowing all KanPak® products to ship and store without refrigeration for up to 12 months, but it’s our state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing capabilities and exceptional customer service that really set us apart from competitors.
Coffee beverages, creamers, yogurt, frozen desserts, and specialty beverages – no matter what kind of product you’re looking for, we can deliver. Our aseptic processing and packaging makes our solutions more convenient, efficient and environmentally friendly.
We are seeking an energetic, skilled entry level Materials Planner / Scheduler for our facility in Arkansas City, KS.
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Pay Range: $14-$19 per hour.
Hours: Monday-Friday - 8am-4p - occasional on-call necessity
The Material Planner/Scheduler is responsible for setting the weekly master production schedule and ensuring a steady flow of all materials needed to keep the manufacturing plant operating for Aseptic. This is generally a balancing act, as space to store raw materials is limited. Ensure adequate supplies without over ordering or wasting resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create the weekly master production schedule and review with the Plant Manager. Take ownership of the schedule and make sure to assist the production supervisor with changes. Determine needs and plan for materials and capacity to meet the expected demand. Maintain on a daily basis any production changes that arise. The weekly production schedule is emailed along with posting in several locations throughout the plant.
* Create the MO’s for the production schedule in GP and reviewed for accuracy. Handle the creation of the Item Request Form for each MO and send off to the Warehouse for packaging and ingredients, also the Item Request form for cultures will be sent to the Warehouse.
* Handle the purchase orders for milk for the production runs. Verify the receiving of the milk are done in a timely manner and accurate. Assist with material shipment discrepancies including invoice, quantity, prices, and terms. Contact with the supplier when changes to the milk order are needed due to production changes.
* Review the data entered into GP for minimum and maximum ordering points in MRP to ensure accuracy and the plant maintains adequate inventory on hand. Ensure that lead times are correct in the system. Communicate to corporate purchasing when changes or updates need to be done.
* Ability to run MRP and analyze information using pegging inquiry and the PAB inquiry in GP to make sure the ordering of inventory is accurate and makes sense prior to the order being placed. Issue purchase orders for material needed at the plant to include confirmation of price and delivery/pickup dates. *
* Identify, resolve, and forecast problems and potential solutions to inventory and quality. *
* Communicated to the plant warehouse on expected deliveries. Organize and schedule deliveries for the plant. Set dock appointments. Make sure the purchasing documents are entered on the traffic board. Communicate with third party carrier on pickup information. Interact with suppliers and plant personnel on delays, shipping/receiving issues or similar issues as they arise. Work with corporate purchasing to ensure supporting documents arrive prior to/with deliveries.
* Assist with material shipment discrepancies including invoice discrepancies regarding price, terms, and quantity.
* Handle the Non-Conforming process
* Assist backup of the Material Planner/Scheduler.
* Other duties assigned by Plant Controller. *
* Safety of the workforce.
* Food Safety.
* Development of a superior workforce.
* Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
* Personal ongoing development.
* Must be reliable and dependable
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel especially.
* Knowledge and experience of Aseptic Operation.
* Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members.
* Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Associate’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related degree highly preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related degree is preferable.
* Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience required. Purchasing and Production Planning experience highly desired.
* Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to organize and multi-task
* Strong work ethic and team player
* Ability to adapt to change quickly.
KanPak, LLC encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Applicants only; No Recruiters please.
KanPak, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. KanPak will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.