Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Software Development
Location: Bangalore, India
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Senior Software Engineer-3
Travel Requirement: Minimal Travel Required
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Software Development, you will be responsible for addressing all escalations & critical product defects from all Xactly Global Customers. You will work on system scalability and performance challenges to support Billions of transactions. You will collaborate with the Product Management, Customer Support and Operations team to triage Critical Customer Issues and upgrades for Xactly Products Suite. You will partner with other Engineering teams in the company to lead and drive continuous process improvements related to security issues identified by various scanning tools that Xactly Uses. This role is also responsible for providing technical insights and guidance to Professional Services and Implementation Teams during their Implementation process. You will have the opportunity to learn various public cloud technologies such as AWS and OCI. You will also work as a king of all trades and gain Xactly domain knowledge in an extremely fast manner. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
The Xactly development team is full of smart engineers from top companies and universities and they execute quickly! In order to build and ship high quality products extremely fast, efficiently and in a continuous manner, Xactly engineers rely on their leaders to remove any obstacles and guide them through engineering practices. At Xactly, we build teams that are helpful, respect each other, maintain a high level of customer focus, inclusive of everyone and we strive for strong product ownership by the team.
The ideal candidate will be extremely proficient and proven in the design and implementation of modern web application architectures. You must be strong in all aspects of mico-services, data access layers, API first design, single click deployment and technologies such as scala, NoSQL key-value data stores, hadoop , spark, chef and containers.
THE SKILL SET
● Master’s plus 5 or Bachelor's plus 7 years experience in SaaS based web application or platform development and architecture.
● Solid hands on experience with Java and working knowledge on Scala.
● Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
● Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process.
● Strong experience in Spring-boot and REST Services
● Previous experience with SQL ( Oracle, Postgres)
● Must have built end to end continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for micro services
● Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery.
● Self-starter that is results focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
● Knowledge of the BigData platform like MapR will be a plus.
● Working knowledge public cloud such as AWS or OCI
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
● Attend New Hire Training.
● Learn the Development and QE processes for Xactly Suite Of Products.
● Learn Xactly Release Process.
● Gain exposure to Xactly’s product suite
● Learn about Xactly’s tools and technologies
● Get to know your team in India , UK , USA.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Review all the escalations from Xactly Global Customer on daily basics and delegates to the Global Teams.
● Discussing and building out enhancements in the Xactly Suite products based on prioritization.
● Deeper understanding of the Xactly suite of products.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Ensure the best dev practices are being used to solve the Customer issues
● Ensure that we are releasing high quality products.
● Participate and contribute in maintenance and new product development
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Be an expert on Xactly’s Incent Suite Of products.
● Partner and work cross functionally with other dev teams and the QE team
● Take full ownership of features and processes of the product.
● Continuously think about and work on process improvements for an always high-quality product
BENEFITS & PERKS
● Paid Time Off (PTO)
● Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
● Tuition Reimbursement
● XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
● Free Parking and Subsidized Bus Pass (a go-green initiative!)
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.