Job Title: Software Engineer, Salesforce Development
Location: Bangalore, India
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Software Engineer
Travel Requirement: Minimum
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere
connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance
Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data
from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain,
from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales
Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data
insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to
predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right
compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As a Software Engineer, Salesforce Development, you will be responsible for addressing all
escalations & critical defects and enhancements of our Salesforce platform based products from all
Xactly Global Customers. You will work on system scalability , performance challenges UI migration to
LWC. You will collaborate with the Product Management, Customer Support and Operations team to
triage Critical Customer Issues and upgrades for Xactly Products based on the Salesforce platform..
You will have the opportunity to learn and implement the Salesforce Platform knowledge on the
integrations between Xactly and Salesforce. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story
to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse
minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be
more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures
and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build
strong and lasting relationships
The Xactly development team is full of smart engineers from top companies and universities and they
execute quickly! In order to build and ship high quality products extremely fast, efficiently and in a
continuous manner, Xactly engineers rely on their leaders to remove any obstacles and guide them
through engineering practices. At Xactly, we build teams that are helpful, respect each other, maintain
a high level of customer focus, inclusive of everyone and we strive for strong product ownership by
The ideal candidate will be extremely proficient and proven in the design and implementation of
modern Salesforce platform application architectures. You must be strong in all aspects of APEX,
Visualforce, Lightning Design Systems etc.
THE SKILL SET
● At least 3-5 years of professional experience in server-side web application or platform
development and architecture in a force.com platform and/or Java based open stack
● Basic knowledge or prior development experience with salesforce platform using apex,
visualforce, developer force, workbench, data.com, force.com REST APIs, soql queries etc.
● Member of server-side application or UI team.
● LWC migrations.
● Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
● Good RDBMS SQL skills
● Team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant technical field
PREFERRED TO HAVE:
● Strong algorithm background
● Experience working in jquery, html, debugging with firebug
● Previous experience and identifiable contributions to a scalable service-oriented architecture
● Demonstrated experience in the use and application of design patterns
● Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
● Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-
user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
● Experience in both small and large companies
● Salesforce certified developer or advance developer
● Willing to travel
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
● Attend New Hire Training.
● Learn the Development and QE processes for Xactly Suite Of Products on Salesforce
● Learn Xactly Release Process.
● Gain exposure to Xactly’s product suite
● Learn about Xactly’s tools and technologies
● Get to know your team in India , UK , USA.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Review the escalations from Xactly Global Customer on daily basics and delegates to the
● Discussing and building out enhancements in the Xactly products on Salesforce platform
based on prioritization.
● Deeper understanding of the Xactly suite of products.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Ensure the best dev practices are being used to solve the Customer issues
● Ensure that we are releasing high quality products.
● Participate and contribute in maintenance and new product development
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
● Be an expert on Xactly’s products on Salesforce platform.
● Partner and work cross functionally with other dev teams and the QE team
● Take full ownership of features and processes of the product.
● Continuously think about and work on process improvements for an always high-quality
Benefits and Perks
1. Paid Time Off (PTO)
2. Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
3. Tuition Reimbursement
4. XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
5. Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
6. Free Parking and Subsidized Bus Pass (a go-green initiative!)
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation
solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business
need: To incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products
allow organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance,
improve margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values are key to our success, and each day
we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating
an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense
of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a
difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not
signed a formal agreement with us.