Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: 3
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
The Xactly development team is full of smart engineers from top companies and universities and they execute quickly! In order to build and ship high quality products extremely fast, efficiently and in a continuous manner, Xactly engineers rely on their leaders to remove any obstacles and guide them through engineering practices. At Xactly, we build teams that are helpful, respect each other, maintain a high level of customer focus, inclusive of everyone and we strive for strong product ownership by the team. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships
The ideal candidate will be extremely proficient in Data Engineering and ETL methodologies and knowledgeable in any elastic search products. You must be strong in all aspects of data streaming technologies, web-application architectures, mico-services, data access layers, API first design, single click deployment. Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values – Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect & Excellence – guide our every move, allowing us to be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award winning SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product!
· Masters plus 5 years or bachelors plus 8 years experience in web application development and architecture.
· Strong experience in Data Engineering practices
· Solid hands on experience in developing data pipelines using Spark, Scala/Java
· Good hand-on with streaming technologies like Kafka
· Prior experience in designing and building large scale data lakes
· Hands on experience with columnar data stores such as HBase, Cassandra
· Must have built end to end CI/CD infrastructure for micro services
· Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
· Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills are required.
· Self-starter that is results focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
GOOD TO HAVE:
· Prior experience in any elastic search solutions such as Solr
· Sound knowledge on ETL/DWH methodologies
· Previous experience with SQL ( Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
· Exposure in any BI tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, BO
· Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
· Bonus points if you have contributed to an open source project
· Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process and tools
· Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
· Become familiar with the code base, development processes, and deployments.
· Become familiar with the product as customers will use it
· You may even have your first PR approved and in production.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
· Become a contributor to the overall code base.
· Have PRs approved and deployed to production
· Contribute to design
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
· Working more autonomously and closer with product
· Helping troubleshoot issues
· Contribute new ideas to the product and development
· Be responsible for managing and monitoring the continuous integration and deployment for the product
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
· Become a team leader
· A goto person for Scala at Xactly.
· Mentor other developers
BENEFITS AND PERKS
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
· Tuition Reimbursement
· XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
· Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
· Free Parking and Subsidized Bus Pass (a go-green initiative!)
About Xactly Corporation
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: To incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products allow organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance, improve margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, head hunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.