Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: 4
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people
everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned
Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management
(SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights
across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to
optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science,
providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their
incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises
can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate
attainment and optimization of sales performance.
The Xactly development team is full of smart engineers from top companies and universities
and they execute quickly! In order to build and ship high quality products extremely fast,
efficiently and in a continuous manner, Xactly engineers rely on their leaders to remove any
obstacles and guide them through engineering practices. At Xactly, we build teams that are
helpful, respect each other, maintain a high level of customer focus, inclusive of everyone and
we strive for strong product ownership by the team.
The ideal candidate will be extremely proficient and proven in the design and implementation of
modern web application architectures. You must be strong in all aspects of mico-services, data
access layers, API first design, single click deployment and technologies such as scala, NoSQL
key-value data stores, hadoop , spark, chef and containers.
Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-
notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values –
Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect & Excellence – guide our every move, allowing us to
be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the
example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award winning SaaS (Software-as-
a-Service) product!. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small
differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re
challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on
new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the
world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships
Read all about us at www.xactlycorp.com!
● 8+ years experience in web application development and architecture.
● Extensive experience using open source software libraries
● Strong experience in building modular, common and scalable services
● Solid hands on experience with Java and being able to own the deliverables around
some portion of the product
● Strong experience with SQL ( Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
● Strong experience in Spring Boot and REST Services
● Must have built end to end continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for
● Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews
and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
● Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills. Strong presentation and
facilitation skills are required.
● Self-starter that is results focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
GOOD TO HAVE:
● Prior experience building Multi-tenant SaaS products
● Experience using one or more deployment automation tools
● Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
● Bonus points if you have contributed to an open source project
● Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
● Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the
end-user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
● Become familiar with the code base, development processes, and deployments.
● Become familiar with the product as customers will use it.
● You may even have a couple of user user stories developed and pushed to production.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
● Become a contributor to the overall architecture & code base
● Review others code and deployed to production
● Contribute to the overall design
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
● Working more autonomously and closely on the product roadmap deliverables
● Helping troubleshoot issues and help other developers when needed
● Contribute new ideas /design improvements to the product and development
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
● Become an expert for your project.
● Take full ownership of features and processes of the product
Benefits and Perks
● Paid Time Off (PTO)
● Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
● Tuition Reimbursement
● XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
● Free Parking and Subsidized Bus Pass (a go-green initiative!)
About Xactly Corporation
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions
for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: To
incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products allow
organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance, improve
margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values are key to our success, and each day we’re
committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an
inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of
belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and
unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a
formal agreement with us.