We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Writer II with a passion for producing high-quality end-user content that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer II will work directly with supporting teams and product managers to create point-solution product guides, best practices, how-tos and definitions.
The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter with project management experience. This role will serve as coordinator for the production and execution of content plans in support of new features and will be responsible for delivering content on pace with product release milestones.
When applying, please note relevant B2B SaaS writing experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Produces a variety of articles for a wide range of products, targeted toward both new and experienced end-users.
- Can quickly master complex concepts and features in order to break them down into user-friendly, single-point documentation solutions need-to-know, actionable chunks.
- Creates documentation plans for new software features that address real-world customer personas and use cases. Maintains familiarity with standard technical documentation concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Analyzes existing documentation, making regular updates to maintain quality and relevance Possesses a high degree of creativity, latitude, and autonomy.
- Enjoys working with cross-functional subject matter experts including marketing, customer support, and development teams, and is equally comfortable spending up to 3/4 of the time working alone to create deliverables.
- Performs at a high output amidst a lively and fast-paced work environment.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience and professional work samples
- Ability to write fully grammatically correct American English and write colloquially; to understand differing user audiences and choose the most suitable voice
- Has expertise with industry standard writing paradigms: information mapping, chunking, minimalism
- Has expertise with technical writing best practices
- Has a working knowledge of HTML and CSS, including the ability to create content and troubleshoot problems independently
- Avid learner who is able to learn new software quickly and with minimal guidance
- Possesses excellent attention to detail -- to all facets of a document, including voice, style, and formatting -- when in the editing phase of authoring
- Able to work under tight deadlines in an agile, often ambiguous, environment.
Spredfast-Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.