EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hard-wires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
Senior Strategic Leader, Enrollment Services
The Senior Strategic Leader works in partnership with EAB Enrollment Services clients and with internal EAB teams to shape direct marketing strategies for our clients’ student recruitment initiatives. This hire will serve as the decision maker for their internal project team. The Senior Strategic Leader is responsible for delivering strategies and programs that achieve client goals, client renewals, and up-sell and cross-sell targets appropriate to clients’ goals, resources, and timelines. As the central client contact, the position monitors and maintains the client relationship. The Senior Strategic Leader, as the center of the team for the entire group of clients assigned to the team, is critical to ensuring the achievement of business objectives and the long-term growth and success of the company as a whole.
This role must be based in Richmond, VA.
- Develop an understanding of client goals and keep abreast of changes in the client’s situation. Communicate these goals and changes to the project team. Lead the team that translates institutional goals and brand identity into achievable direct response programs, working within EAB Enrollment Services’ array of offerings.
- Lead and/or support testing and refinement of critical strategic and creative elements within the client’s program(s).
- Work with Senior Management to define appropriate, cost-effective cross-sell and up-sell targets within client book.
- Lead clients to understanding of cross-sell and up-sell options and actively champion those likely to improve the client situation.
- Support corporate process improvements, including escalated project timelines, etc.
- Serve as a professional example in behavior and attitude to project teams, and support team members in professional growth.
- Collaborate with internal departments to seek new information and define new solutions that will improve client success.
- Seek opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning relative to team or client success.
- Lead discussions and develop innovative plans to overcome obstacles for project teams and clients.
- Work collaboratively with others within the Client Services division to identify and share new solutions that lead clients to positive outcomes.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with clients and project teams and involve project teams in client meetings.
- Initiate project start-up and problem-solving meetings to ensure team understanding and enthusiasm to successfully execute client programs.
- Oversee strategic direction on creative content.
- In partnership with client-facing team, review all creative materials from both a direct response and client-appropriate standpoint.
- Provide strategic direction for all lists and targeting, working with analysis and strategic planning groups.
- Conduct annual project reporting and planning for clients.
- Develop and discuss proposals and written presentations with clients.
- Document client and team feedback as it occurs and provide written positive feedback to team members as appropriate, working to consistently resolve team issues in a positive way.
- Mentor Account Managers assigned within team to help position them – if applicable – for the next career opportunity (ideally, advancing within client services and success).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 -7+ years’ experience in consultative, strategic, leadership positions managing accounts and relationships with key decision makers
- Experience leading high-performing teams, coaching and mentoring
- Experience aligning strategic insights and solutions to client goals
- Ability to well-convey/present to clients and colleagues EAB's commitment to forward-leaning, innovative strategies that successfully achieve their desired outcomes
- Proven relationship-building, collaboration/teamwork orientation and ability to influence for win-win outcomes
- Relevant professional experience in marketing or higher education enrollment
- Willingness to be based in Richmond, VA and travel up to 30-50%
- Valid driver's license
- Graduate degree
- Higher education experience, particularly within higher ed admissions
- EAB institutional knowledge and experience
- Direct response marketing experience
- Ability to approach situations in an entrepreneurial way and find opportunity for improvement/change
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and to plan, organize, set and achieve priorities
- Passion for both client success and tackling new and emerging opportunities
- Proficient with PC, Internet and Microsoft Office products
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.