EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,500+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst
The Enrollment Services team at EAB is hiring for a Senior SEO Analyst to analyze the organic health of Education partner’s websites. In addition, the SEO Analyst will develop strategies to improve the organic footprint of Education partner. We are looking for a passionate search engine marketer with an extensive background in both technical SEO and optimizing content. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to our agency services team as a subject matter expert, providing recommendations for SEO optimization and executing against annual site audits.
This role is based in Richmond, Virginia.
- Delivering annual site audits for clients that are inclusive of technical SEO recommendations, as well as ways for clients to optimize content on their site.
- Monitor SEO performance by utilizing SEO tools such as SEMRush, Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Support account teams in discussions regarding SEO support. The SEO Analyst is expected to be able to deliver the audit report confidently to all stakeholders.
- Conduct competitive analysis and global benchmarking for the education industry as a whole, in regards to key SEO metrics.
- Synthesize information to clearly communicate key-learnings, actionable strategy, testing opportunities, and recommend new opportunities to internal stakeholders and client partners.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and continually identify and present SEO best practices to both internal and external teams.
- Communicate to a diverse set of teams; use data and insight to make a case for what you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of direct experience managing SEO campaigns
- Ability to build reporting based off web behavior and key SEO metrics
- Deep understanding of website analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.)
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how organic and paid work together
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, Webmaster and other third-party SEO tools
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated success working with clients in a consultative role
- Experience building relationships internally and externally, and ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple clients
- Higher Education experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.