At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Quality Assurance Analyst
Do you have an analytical mindset, the ability to pick up new skills quickly, and a strong sense of ownership? Well then, we want you. As a critical member of the application development team, you'll be primarily responsible for testing and validation of new and modified applications, user-interfaces, and databases created via various technological solutions, to ensure site functionality, accuracy, stability, and performance. Applying strong technical, testing, and communication skills, the QA Analyst will collaborate with other QA team members, developers and business partners while providing testing support throughout the entire development life cycle, in order to deliver high quality products to our employees and members.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC or Richmond, VA.
- Actively Participate in requirements, design, estimation and test approach discussions
- Partner with software development and business teams throughout full life cycle development to drive usability and efficiencies
- Work with the QA and development teams to create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality
- Validate code changes written in various technologies
- Verify system usability through comprehensive interface, workflow, and use-case test execution
- Identify and log defects for any test failures and narrow down the root cause of the problem for efficient investigation by the development team
- Lead User Acceptance Testing sessions
- Perform production site, data, and release validations which may occur after business hours or on weekends
- Maintain regression test plans and perform regression testing prior to deployments
- Assist with QA process improvement initiatives and cross-team/company activities
- Assist in the management of operational requests and troubleshoot issues, working with diverse user groups
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of professional QA experience
- 2+ years experience testing and/or administering Salesforce.com
- Experience working in an iterative development environment or environment with heavy interaction with developers and business partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, e.g. regression, functional, integration, performance, etc.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and interrupt-driven environment either in a team or autonomously
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Experience troubleshooting and finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication at all levels in the organization to both technical and non-technical people
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery techniques
- Experience with analytic tools (Excel, SQL, etc.)
- Experience testing complex algorithms or aggregations
- Ability to work on numerous projects at one time
- Ability to synthesize and interpret technical data
- Experience constructing comprehensive test plan documentation from business requirement/technical solution design analysis.
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator or higher
- Experience eliciting and understanding requests from non-technical end users
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.