At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
Senior Technical Business Analyst ("Senior Analyst")
Their primary responsibility is to develop and deploy data integration and configuration procedures between client IT systems and EAB technology. In addition, they work collectively with other EAB project and product development staff to manage client relationship, sets and execute against project milestones, and manage quality, client satisfaction, and engagement throughout the implementation life-cycle.
This role is based in Washington DC or Richmond VA.
- Conceptualize, develop and deploy data extraction procedures working collaboratively with clients
- Develop recommendations for internal leadership around preferred data integration methodologies
- Ensure barriers to timely completion of Data Integration Services projects are anticipated and overcome
- Work effectively with internal and external project managers to ensure timely delivery of implementation
- Encapsulate findings through new product integration exercises for the overall benefit of EAB data integration effort
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of technical and non-technical staff at client institutions
- Proactively identifies, recognizes, and acts on opportunities for improvement in order to advance business goals. Confronts problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience extracting data from a variety of platforms, performing data mapping, data transformation, and loading data to the target system
- 2+ years' client facing experience implementing software solutions
- Fluency in SQL skills
- Experience managing multiple clients/projects/stakeholders simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience serving as a project owner including managing communication progress to stake holders, risk identification and mitigation and facilitating problem solving
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and obtain buy-in
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel up to 15% domestically
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.