EAB our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, Sales Engineer
We seek a Senior Director, Sales Engineer to join the EAB Member Development team. Individuals in the role of Sales Engineer are responsible for driving strategy and member development efforts, directly participating in technology sales and new business development pursuits, and informing membership innovation and future offerings at leading universities and colleges across the country.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C. (or remotely) with heavy travel.
- Partner with Member Development Executives (MDE) to initiate, further, and close new business for the firm.
- Be an ambassador for EAB products during on campus visits, webinars, and events such as conferences, trade shows, and VIP Days.
- Master and deliver clear and compelling product demonstrations.
- Develop sufficient content, product, and technical knowledge of EAB technology products to be successfully positioned as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in front of prospective EAB members.
- Partner with Product and Sales Leadership to support the ongoing development and refinement of product demonstrations with compelling narratives.
- Consistently gather feedback on product and product positioning from the market. Share feedback with Sales, Marketing and Product Leadership.
- Keep current on industry trends and share insights with larger team.
- Gather competitive intelligence and provide feedback and recommendations to the technology product team. Master sell-against strategies to enhance product positioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Ability to travel up to 60%; valid U.S. driver’s license required
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years post undergraduate experience in at least three of the following:
- Higher education or Ed-tech industry experience and expertise
- Commercial experience
- Consulting experience
- Teaching experience
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills in front of an executive level audience
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the ROI of technology offerings, drawing on subject matter expertise and work experience that will enhance credibility with prospective members
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Business development and/or consultative sales experience in a professional services environment
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience with solution focused problem solving
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Familiarity with cloud based platforms, technology, and/or basic data science and predictive modeling
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match and day one full vesting
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.