At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Director, Member Development Executive (Inside Sales)
EAB is looking for an Associate Director, Member Development Executive (Inside Sales) to join our Member Development team. Individuals in this role are responsible for sourcing new sales opportunities, identifying customer needs, routing qualified leads to appropriate sales executives for further development, and supporting the closure of new business for EAB Research products at defined monthly goals, ensuring Member satisfaction.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C. or remotely.
- Identifies revenue opportunities within Member institutions through communications, programs and other activities as needed
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails within a defined territory; Ensures account qualification and needs analysis at all prospect levels
- Telephones prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline
- Identifies and closes additional purchases of products and services by researching accounts, identifying key players, and generating interest
- Works closely with all departments within EAB’s Commercial and Research divisions to drive prospect decisions through the sales pipeline
- Responds to requests from Members for information and gives online presentations
- Engages in technical discussions with potential Members through demonstrations and presentations
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the higher education industry
- Keeps Sales Management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports and revenue reviews
- Acquires and maintains product knowledge of defined suite of products assigned to them
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Ability to travel up to 20%; valid U.S. driver’s license required
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years post undergraduate experience in a sales or sales support role.
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the ROI of EAB Research product offerings, drawing on subject matter expertise and work experience that will enhance credibility with prospective members
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Business development and/or consultative sales experience in a professional services environment
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.