At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
Associate Director, Growth Product Management & Strategy
The role is based in Washington, DC.
The Role in Brief
The Growth Product Management team of the Product Strategy and Development division is responsible for supporting the company portfolio’s growth by exploring and developing new technology products and modules in the student success terrain. In helping to fuel the growth engine of a fast-growing company, the department enjoys close partnership with EAB’s executive team as well as key division leaders across the firm.
We are seeking a talented, passionate, and highly entrepreneurial team player to take on a Growth Product Management role in support of our EAB Student Success products. Serving today’s end users, while meeting the expanding needs of our growing client-base, this individual will work closely with top commercial talent, UX designers, and creative engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve the Education industry.
This position offers motivated, entrepreneurial candidates a rare opportunity to quickly effect systemic change across the higher education industry.
- Identify Business Problems and Research Product Viability
- Identify and size potential market opportunities; assess competitive pressures
- Host user testing and client interviews
- Direct product scoping and development, including building wireframes and concepts
- Perform proforma analyses
- Ensure Product Commercial Success
- Devise and execute go-to-market and marketing and sales strategies
- Lead sales engagements to drive initial product delivery
- Support product demo and positioning in market
- Guide Product Development
- Develop the work plan for and execute product development projects
- Write user stories and success criteria with input from agile team and business partners
- Act as the proxy for the client or end user and represent their voice to Agile delivery teams
- Ensure smooth deployment of solutions
- Determine key performance indicators to track product performance
- Drive transparency to roadmap detail, progress, roadblocks, etc. (across partners, Agile teams, senior leadership, etc.)
- Overall Management
- Manage appropriate staff for each project
- Build consensus and alignment across cross-functional team
- Deliver against commercial and development milestones
- Steward internal approval process and engage EAB executive leadership
As an Associate Director, you will also support development and refinement of the company’s Student Success growth strategy by:
- Conducting strategic analyses to identify attractive product development and business development terrains
- Spearheading projects to identify growth opportunities
- Expanding the firm’s knowledge base in emerging terrains
- Consistently developing and evaluating new business opportunities/ideas/potential partner companies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to travel sporadically but up to 50% during product launch periods (3-9 months)
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and defining/meeting deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytic skills and ability to translate market findings into new product innovations
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently while meeting critical milestones
- Prior experience working with product design and engineering teams
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Experience managing complex processes and operations
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Prior experience in the education sector
- Previous experience in sales and commercial pursuits, especially in B2B frameworks
- Experience leading change and guiding growth strategies for organizations
- Prior experience managing financial performance and making executive decisions
- Experience managing and mentoring junior team members
- Experience with Product Management and demonstrated progression of seniority and complexity of product accountability
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.