At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Research Senior Analyst
EAB’s research programs offer strategic guidance at scale: we help college, university, and K-12 executives make progress on their most pressing issues. Senior Analysts work on research products that drive partners’ most financially and/or mission-consequential decisions. EAB research helps partners educate stakeholders on campus, make research-informed decisions, and speed the implementation of recommended practices.
As a Senior Analyst, you will support research projects, manage research processes, and create compelling partner-facing deliverables. You will use excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate advice to partners through presentations, written and data-driven deliverables, and phone consultations.
This role is based in Washington D.C. This position may require occasional travel (10-20%) to partner college and university campuses.
- Independently lead in-depth interviews with education executives and write succinct and organized interview notes to communicate key learnings
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses (lit reviews, interviews, data analysis, etc.), interpret findings for team members, and pull out meaningful conclusions to larger research questions
- Contribute to research studies that synthesize complex ideas into actionable advice for partners
- Manage research processes on time (e.g., identifying and scheduling interviews, completing data analysis, creating partner presentations, etc.)
- Meet deadlines to deliver high-quality internal and external project deliverables on time
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage processes related to partner-facing events, deliverable production, web publishing, etc.
Communication and Delivery
- Write and edit clear internal and external deliverables, including emails, blog posts, insight pieces, white papers, benchmarking reports, interview notes, lit reviews, and other research documents
- Independently storyboard partner-facing presentations to communicate research findings and use feedback from managers to improve final deliverables
- Communicate ideas clearly and logically using executive-focused language, tone, and channel through written deliverables, webinars, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree, with an excellent academic record
- 2+ years of experience or a Master’s degree
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Management or strategy consulting
- K-12 or higher education
- Project or event management
- Long-term and/or primary and secondary research
- Creating partner-facing written and/or data-based deliverables
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience working with education issues in a consulting or research setting
- Experience working in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Excellent prioritization and time management especially in a fast-paced environment
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.