At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
We are seeking a talented, passionate, and highly entrepreneurial team player to take on a Product Management role driving the engineering team to support growth of our EAB products. Serving today’s end users while meeting the expanding needs of our growing client base, this Product Manager will work closely with creative engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve the Education industry.
This current opportunity can be based remotely within the U.S. or at any EAB office location. This role is also listed as Technical Product Manager.
- Build and maintain a Product Roadmap based on the organization’s vision, goals, and success metrics; functional area strategies; user input; target architecture; and market research
- Conduct market and competitive research, host user and client interviews, and create key performance indicators to stay abreast of product performance and inform the product roadmap
- Drive transparency to roadmap detail, progress, impediments, etc. (across partners, Agile teams, senior leadership, etc.)
- Sequence the Product Roadmap and ensure epics, features, and stories are right-sized and adequately groomed for input into Agile teams for delivery
- Write user stories and success criteria with input from the Agile team and business partners
- Act as the proxy for the client or end user and represent their voice to Agile delivery teams
- Ensure smooth deployment and adoption of solutions
- Proven track record of shipping products consumed by internal product engineering teams
- Demonstrate solid understanding of engineering and technical depth
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of professional experience delivering software products
- 2+ years of Product Management experience with demonstrated progression of seniority and complexity of product accountability
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills and ability to translate findings into new product innovations
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently while meeting critical milestones
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Certification in a Product Management Framework (e.g. Pragmatic Marketing)
- Prior experience managing technology-based products serving Higher Education industries
- Prior experience working within an agile software development environment
- Prior experience collaborating with cross-functional teams spanning Engineering, Marketing, Analysis and Customer Service
- Prior experience delivering B2B2C software products
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.