At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Director of Marketing Analytics, Adult Learner Recruitment
Reporting to the Senior Director of Data Strategy and Analytics, the Associate Director of Marketing Analytics will be a key member of the Adult Learner Recruitment Leadership Team and will be responsible for managing a team of analysts that discover, analyze, and drive best practice marketing strategies that accelerate results for higher education partners. The role will require a deep knowledge of Adult Leaner Recruitment division’s products, the ability to identify program successes and opportunities and discover student behavior trends across all our higher education partners. The role is central to the Analytics team mission to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
This position will ideally be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC; however, as EAB embraces a hybrid-work environment in the future, candidates who may be based remotely are also encouraged to apply.
- Train, develop, and supervise Marketing Analyst resources that support various analytics projects.
- Develop and own tracking of team workflow, ensuring on-time and accurate delivery of requests.
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop analysis frameworks for monthly, quarterly, and yearly delivery meetings.
- Develop and coordinate pro-active monitoring of Adult Learner Recruitment’s marketing campaigns; identify strategy for communication of results to Leadership and rest of ALR team.
- In collaboration with other resource leaders, manage Adult Learner Recruitment Division’s Learning Agenda. The Learning Agenda is a series of key questions and concepts key to the development of partner retention strategies and the creation or enhancement of marketing strategies.
- Develop analytic plans to answer prioritized items within the Learning Agenda. Plans may include analysis of current data, in-market testing, or requests for Market Research projects.
- Lead cross-partner analyses and make data-driven marketing recommendations.
- Represent analytics insights in development of product roadmaps in collaboration with Program Marketing and Engineering.
- Analyze the ongoing performance of Enrollment and Marketing Solutions’ marketing campaigns - including changes in partner outcomes, as well as the impact of these campaigns on targeted segments of the Adult Learner population.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting for the learning agenda and other initiatives as needed.
- Communicate findings through case studies and other presentations.
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets that drive deeper understanding of the Adult Learner Recruitment space, as well as EAB’s ability to influence the decisions of student segments.
- Design and promote improvements to reporting and data capabilities that will enhance visibility into marketing performance and systematic identification of opportunities that business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, or quantitative field required.
- 1+ years’ experience in people management.
- 5+ years’ experience using data analysis to generate insightful findings required.
- 3+ in data visualization toolsets, ideally Tableau.
- 5+ years’ experience using SQL or other query tools/languages to perform data manipulation, with a working knowledge of databases.
- 3+ years’ experience in direct marketing.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to complete analytical projects independently.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to articulate findings clearly and effectively.
- Advanced use in standard business applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- 5+ years’ experience in direct marketing.
- 5+ in data visualization toolsets, ideally Tableau.
- Experience in statistical A/B test evaluation.
- Experience conducting data analysis in Python or R.
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.