At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Python Engineer (Canada)
As a Senior Software Engineer at EAB, you will be building technology to help students graduate college. We are a fast growing team tackling the trickiest problems in higher education. The Senior Software Engineer will be a part of the development team and will be an integral part of the full product life cycle of multiple applications and the supporting data architecture. The Senior Software Engineer will be a leader on a team working to develop the next generation of technology for the higher education industry.
This position is remote. Must be physically based in Canada.
- Work with the development manager, product managers and stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design
- Independently break down, estimate, design, plan and deliver medium and large sized features; serve as subject matter expert on one or more component of the system
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Coordinate work with other teams to ensure a smooth development process; lead technical discussions and stand ups, communicate effectively to non-technical stakeholders
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Collaborate with development team and product managers to enhance existing marketing products and develop new products
- Document and communicate progress on design and code for team members
- Guide junior engineers on tasks and small projects, helping them to plan and size their work
- Autonomously accomplishes goals and adjusts plan as needed using Agile principles; informs and champions decisions made in PI Planning
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 4+ years of professional software development experience OR
- Master's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 2+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional Python development experience
- Ability to work with engineers and product management teams in requirements definition, design, and development of software products
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams both verbally and written
- Dev/Ops experience
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in AWS
- Professional Django development experience
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Generous PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.