At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Director, Insights, EAB Seramount
EAB Seramount is a strategic business dedicated to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace.
We serve forward thinking organizations with integrated tools that provide a strategic and holistic map for setting new standards for workplace culture. Over the past four decades we’ve built deep, data-powered intelligence on the employee experience, which allows us to address specific client workplace challenges related to DE&I. We excel in serving as our members’ go to partner in developing and progressing their diversity and inclusion strategies. Our business is in growth mode and offers the right person the opportunity to be part of a diverse, dynamic, creative, and highly skilled team partnering with leading companies to advance more inclusive corporate cultures.
The Director will be a key member of the Insights team within EAB Seramount, reporting to the Senior Director. We seek a teammate with excellent analytical skills, ambition, relationship building skills and professionalism. This role combines project management with extraordinary data analytics skills and the opportunity to do high-impact work.
The position is open to remote work within the U.S.
- Take ownership of implementation and data analysis of EAB Seramount’s Best Companies and Inclusion Index research initiatives, including 100 Best Companies, Best Companies for Multicultural Women, and Top Executive Women
- Program, test and maintain multiple large-scale applications on an annual basis using Qualtrics software
- Participate in ongoing client interactions and engagements to support overall client need
- Design complex and highly visible stakeholder deliverables, and articulate insights to help clients answer the most critical questions
- Collaborate with the team to gather and analyze all necessary data requests, and interpret findings into strategies
- Develop and deliver custom benchmarking assessments and presentations to help clients understand results across hundreds of data points and identify best practices to be applied in their own businesses
- Review current product offerings and make recommendations to evolve
- Organize research for content features and prepare executive summaries and presentations for conferences. Provide sales, marketing and content teams with strategic, creative research analysis
- Work directly with survey software vendors to troubleshoot software problems and evolve the research tools
- Manage 1-2 Associates on the Insights team to assist with quantitative/initiatives/benchmarking outputs; responsible for coaching and developing the team
- Bachelor’s degree, with an excellent academic record and 6-8+ years of post-graduate, professional experience
- Demonstrated experience executing highly complex projects and analyses based on larger datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and then translate and disseminate complex information appropriate for various audiences
- Experience with data cleaning and weighting
- Trained and familiar with Qualtrics research survey software
- Broad business acumen and proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, including VBA and Power Query
- Able to collaborate in a team environment, while taking ownership and lead on major projects
- Comfortable working with clients and cross-functional teams
- Extremely organized and passionate about details
- Strategic thinker
- Strong written communication and excellent story-telling skills
- Previous experience managing a small team of individual contributors
- Primary research experience with subject matter experience in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience with SPSS, Wincross or other statistical analysis software
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.