At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, Partner Development Manager
The Senior Director, Partner Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of individuals against a revenue goal for new and/or existing products. Following an initial onboarding period, the incumbent will assume responsibility for achieving revenue targets, including a direct role in developing new business. Having familiarized themselves with EAB’s diverse line of offerings in the relevant product and/or service areas, this person will implement effective strategies to grow revenue and manage team members and themselves against metrics in order to achieve results.
This position is ideally located in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC. EAB embraces a hybrid work environment and exceptional candidates who would be based remotely are also welcomed to apply. Please note: this role is also posted at the Managing Director level; applicants are being considered at both levels for the immediate opening.
- Product Revenue Management: The Senior Director will be responsible for new business development for a line of business across 2 markets.
- People and Team Leadership: Build and manage a highly motivated, engaged and effective Partner Development Team which includes business developers and support staff. The leader will be skilled at talent attraction, identification and selection, coaching and retention. They will develop and lead sales training to improve skill sets, add capabilities and strengthen effectiveness of each team member.
- Strategic Sales Process Management: Establish a high-functioning sales management process for all team members including visit planning, execution, ROI assessment, follow up and closing. The leader will involve themselves in a personal, hands-on way to ensure teams success including playing a sales support role in meetings as-needed.
- Marketing and Revenue Strategy: Establish optimal sales strategy and process for the product line, including individual product sales, bundled sales and upsells. They will work closely with product delivery and marketing leaders on collateral creation and innovative marketing efforts (e.g., conferences, trade shows, etc.).
- Market Knowledge: Build and maintain expertise in key industry issues across Higher Ed. Develop a deep understanding of key industry issues and how EAB’s offerings help partners set and execute their strategy. Play a lead role in communicating market intelligence and trends back to other internal key stakeholders.
- Revenue Reporting: Responsible for reporting upward on projected revenue as well as team results and engaging Firm executive leadership in creative solutions for driving maximum revenue. This individual will effectively partner with the rest of the senior management team and be a key contributor to help lead the business to the next levels of growth and profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/University
- Must possess a minimum of 8-10+ years of Sales or Account Management experience, with proven experience of team management
- Track record of successful sales/ownership over a revenue target, both personal and team based
- Relevant education industry experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 10%
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Solution-based sales experience with an emphasis on value selling
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the ROI of a membership/product
- Deep understanding of EAB and its products, business model, commercial strategy, and market
- Experience managing others and providing formal/informal feedback
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.