At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,900 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Digital Marketing Strategist, Adult Learner Recruitment
The Digital Marketing Strategist manages our partners’ media investment in paid search and digital display ads while working alongside internal teams to support overall enrollment objectives. You will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive digital strategy that aligns with the strategies set forth by in-house Strategic Leaders designed to help graduate and adult degree completion institutions meet their goals. You will interact regularly with partners, providing ongoing reporting, analysis, and ad optimization.
This role requires a strategic and innovative thinker who can take best practice digital marketing strategies and apply these tactics to drive lead generation and qualified applications for our partners.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a record of developing and managing large-scale media buys across multiple digital platforms, ability to create and assist team members with content and ad development, and will be a well-rounded digital expert with experience in Google Ad, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
This position is located Richmond, VA and is open to remote applicants.
Campaign Execution and Deployment
- Develop creative strategy and materials, including development of ad copy and landing page copy based on partners’ brand and tone
- Create, setup and maintain advanced paid advertising campaigns on Google Ads that focus on lead generation and maximizing ad spend ROI
- Add conversion tracking and retargeting tags to Google Tag Manager
- Monitor and optimize media budgets across Google Ads. Should be able to recommend estimated budget, geographic targeting, keyword targeting, and bid strategies required for specific partners
- Deploy systematic A/B testing and monitor results
- Manage understanding of digital products and services of significant scope and complexity
- Identify trends, insights, and innovations in the industry; stay abreast of our competitors and our partners’ evolving digital strategies
Strategy & Reporting
- Work with DMS leadership and department team members to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities for our partners
- Proactively keeps abreast of assigned partners' marketing and media campaigns and make recommendations to optimize or makes changes where appropriate
- Create and recommend comprehensive digital marketing plans for each partner with the ability to adapt quickly to budget and time in field constraints. Knowledge of flighting and ad scheduling preferred
- Attend regularly occurring cross-functional team meetings and huddles, keeping teams informed of project status and progress
- Communicate campaign-related issues, changes, variances, and contingencies that may arise during deployment; facilitate problem resolution with appropriate parties
- Lead and work with other team members to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow in the office
- Work with team to implement innovative solutions to scale and automate campaign management processes
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years' digital marketing experience
- Experience developing and managing paid advertising campaigns in Google Ads or similar PPC/SEM marketing platforms
- Experience optimizing bids and campaigns on Google Ads manually, without use of third-party tools or outside vendors
- Experience managing annual digital marketing budgets greater than $30k
- Basic understanding of key metrics in Google Analytics or other web analytics software
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and conversion tracking/remarketing tags
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with external partners regarding performance of campaigns
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience building comprehensive digital marketing strategies that include paid search and paid social platforms
- Previous agency experience or similar, this role is fast-paced and you will be managing more than 15 partners at any given time
- Previously managed large paid search annual budgets ($500k+)
- Partner/account management experience a plus
- Experience with developing and executing digital marketing campaigns focused on lead generation
- Deeper understanding of web analytics and tracking
- Interest in developing digital attribution strategy through use of tag management solutions (GTM, etc.)
- Ability to scope and propose digital marketing media investments and time in field recommendations
- Familiarity or experience with online project management software (Workfront preferred)
- Digital platform certifications
- Experience with marketing automation software
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.