At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Director, Diversity Best Practices, Human Resources
EAB Seramount is a strategic business dedicated to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) in the workplace. Diversity Best Practices (DBP) at EAB Seramount is the preeminent organization for diversity practitioners for partnership and best practices by providing innovative solutions for culture change. Through advisory services, research, benchmarking, and events, DBP offers members a trusted, go-to partnership for solutions and strategies on how to implement, grow, measure, and create first-in-class diversity programs.
We serve forward thinking organizations with integrated tools that provide a strategic and holistic map for setting new standards for workplace culture. Over the past four decades we’ve built deep, data-powered intelligence on the employee experience, which allows us to address specific client workplace challenges related to DE&I. We excel in serving as our clients’ go to partner in developing and progressing their diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies. Our business is in growth mode and offers the right person the opportunity to be part of a diverse, dynamic, creative, and highly skilled team partnering with leading companies to advance more inclusive corporate cultures.
We are hiring a Director to serve in the role of Research Development and Member Advisory on the DBP team. Please note that this position is also advertised as under the "Director, Research Development and Member Advisory, EAB Seramount" title.
This is a remote position, available to candidates based in the U.S. with travel expectations of up to 20%.
Big Picture Objectives:
- Serve as diversity and inclusion subject matter expert, and conduct research when necessary.
- Meet and exceed member expectations to help support renewal, and retention efforts.
- Serve as trusted point of contact for member advisory, inquiries, research requests and communications.
- Work across the EAB Seramount team between Relationship Management, Marketing, Events, Insights and Solutions teams to help our members achieve their DEI objectives.
- Ability to serve high impact solutions and offerings to support the client delivery model by spending 70% of your time in market with members (virtual, in-person).
- Achieve expertise and mastery on DEI subject areas by influencing research and insights with the new types of content relevant for your areas of expertise and/or to better service member’s needs.
- Serve as subject matter expert on DEI practices. This includes conducting client calls on DEI related inquiries, providing practitioner consulting on development and execution of strategy. Positioning as a ‘trusted extension of our clients’ teams’ – specifically related to the Talent Lifecycle (e.g. Recruiting, Talent Development, Talent Management & Succession Planning), Change Management and Organizational Development.
- Ability to deliver presentations to our DBP members on an array of subjects both new and existing.
- Provides guidance in the creation of resources (presentations, guides, toolkits) for our advisory library of content.
- Collaborate with relationship managers and marketing teams to identify, develop and build proposals to secure new member pipeline, close new deals and execute renewals.
- Support Seramount events and conferences, serve as client advocate for content, facilitate and add to member experiences.
- Partner with marketing to create and/or advise on communications and member outreach (e.g. blogs or articles, DEI resources, and promotional messages).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 6-8+ years of professional work experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, 3-5 years experienced in either Human Resources and/or consulting
- Concrete understanding of DE&I and its correlation to implementing significant organizational impact in the workforce, workplace and marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Utilize both research and insights to deliver recommendations and solutions to our clients.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Highly detail‐oriented, organized, able to multi‐task, follow through and work independently as well as within a highly collaborative team structure.
- Demonstrated ownership of and accountability towards business goals.
- Demonstrated consultative approach and commitment to our clients’ success.
- Experience preparing workshops and formal presentations to our clients.
- Thoughtful, creative, and proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communications.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- Ability to analyze HR data as it relates to workplace representation, talent acquisition, recruitment and advancement, and other DE&I initiatives and craft advisory and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Utilize your own diverse experiences to influence your positioning on topics in DE&I to generate buy-in and build relationships.
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
· Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
· Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
· Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
· Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.