At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
The Marketing & Enrollment Solutions team at EAB is hiring for a Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to devise, execute, measure, and optimize paid and organic search advertising campaigns on behalf of our adult learner partners. We are looking for a passionate search marketer with extensive background in SEM, SEO, and data-driven marketing. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to our digital marketing team as a subject matter expert and execute against large-scale campaigns with guidance, working within interdisciplinary teams.
This position will ideally be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC; however, as EAB embraces a hybrid-work environment in the future, exceptional candidates who may be based remotely within the United States are also encouraged to apply.
- Building and optimizing keyword and product-centric campaigns in Google, Bing & Yahoo across several partners to build brand and interest for our partners
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to manage end-to-end campaign execution, ensuring strategies are aligned, assets are created, and deadlines are met.
- Daily and weekly reporting and communication regarding campaign development, timelines, analysis, and results.
- Continuous analysis of paid search campaigns to identify potential opportunities, providing recommendations for optimization through ad copy, keywords, ad groups, targeting, bidding, and landing pages.
- Deliver annual site audits for partners that are inclusive of technical SEO recommendations, as well as ways for partners to optimize content on their site.
- Monitor SEO performance by utilizing SEO tools such as SEMRush, Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Synthesize information to clearly communicate key learnings, actionable strategy, testing opportunities, and recommend new opportunities to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and continually identifying and presenting new digital advertising opportunities
- Communicate to a diverse set of teams; use data and insight to make a case for what you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-4 years of direct experience managing PPC and SEO campaigns
- Demonstrated success managing accounts for multiple partners or divisions
- Deep understanding of website analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience negotiating, signing and maintaining monthly media buys
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, Webmaster and other third-party SEO tools
- Ability to build reporting based off web behavior and key SEO metrics
- Strong creative aptitude, including a keen eye for design and copywriting
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Google AdWords, Bing Ads advertising platforms
- Experience building relationships internally and externally, and ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Direct response marketing and higher education experience
- EAB Marketing & Enrollment Solutions institutional knowledge and experience
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.