At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Entry-Level Research Associate
EAB is the leading global provider of research and advice to higher education and K-12 institutions, working with more than 2,500 colleges, universities, and school districts in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Our research programs help executives at client organizations educate stakeholders, make research-informed decisions, and speed implementation of industry best practices.
We are looking for a motivated and intellectually curious individual to join the EAB Research team. EAB’s research programs offer strategic guidance at scale: we help education executives make progress on their most pressing issues. At EAB, Research Associates work on one of three teams:
- Our K-12 Team responds to client inquiries and investigates specific client questions on issues in the public K-12 space. Recent inquiries include topics like increasing equity in accelerated math pathways, full-day pre-K programs, and district program evaluation.
- Our Market Insights Team creates data-driven deliverables that enable clients to assess job market trends, align curriculum with employer and student demand, and identify opportunities for program development and revitalization.
- Our Higher Ed Team uses EAB’s 10+ years of research to best answer client inquiries. This team also creates data and insights driven deliverables to help clients make decisions and expedite key initiatives. Common projects include audits of career services web offerings and quick-turnaround primary and secondary research to support topics like international student services and equity in college admissions.
Team placement is determined by business need at time of hire. This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Manage multiple processes and projects simultaneously, delivering excellent service and results on time
- Produce high-quality deliverables that highlight research-driven insights and are error-free and consistent with EAB’s style and point of view
- Investigate specific client inquiries using EAB and secondary research sources
- Participate in team meetings and meetings with other EAB staff to best answer client questions, connect clients to EAB experts, and drive impact at client institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree, with an excellent academic record
- Minimum of 3 months of work or internship experience
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Managing multiple projects with various deadlines
- Researching business issues
- Demonstrated interest in higher education or K-12 education, as shown through coursework, research, or professional experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving
- Experience managing time and meeting deadlines across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
· Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
· Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
· Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
· Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.