At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Director, Revenue Operations
Commercial Strategy & Operations is seeking an Associate Director or Director with strong financial analytics, leadership, and project management skills. The ideal candidate will have professional experience using quantitative analysis tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from business data. The candidate will also have experience in developing and managing finance operations and supervisory and project management experience. This candidate will have an outstanding service ethic and be comfortable identifying and tackling specific problems by applying a general strategic framework.
This hire, along with the performance of the team, will create and maintain infrastructure to facilitate rapid reporting, review, and analysis of key metrics driving revenue and service delivery of the firm. This position will assist in revenue and service performance planning, daily deal desk operations, performance measurement, and process adjustment.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
This role is also posted at Associate Director level. Applicants are being considered at both Associate Director and Director levels for the one current opening.
The Director will play a key leadership role in the day-to-day business of the group and manage members of the deal desk and revenue booking teams. Responsibilities include:
- Works in fast paced sales environment with key stakeholders in developing strategies that optimize revenue and win probability
- Manages booking and crediting team, makes decisions around complex crediting, and ensures accurate and timely reporting
- Manages renewal pool variances, audits, and works with Account Management leadership around pool integrity and path to goal
- Becomes internal expert in CPQ contract system and process to make improvements and facilitate training and utilization by commercial team
- Leads routine to complex analysis of sales and profitability data to recommend and execute on projects to advance the firm’s execution against strategic initiatives and growth objectives
- Performs quantitative analysis to analyze pricing and support firm’s overall pricing strategy
- Collaborates with sales and account management leadership to understand pressing business needs and act as a strategic thought partner to address those needs
- Coordinates with Finance team to ensure accuracy of financial records to be shared with external stakeholders
- Works with I.S. team to design and implement new systems to support business functions of the group
- Creates models to forecast future performance and model the impact of new initiatives on revenue and service delivery
- Consistently looks for opportunities to innovate across the organization; including, process change and tool creation
- Takes part in special projects/ initiatives to maximize profitability (pricing opportunities, rightsizing pricing, etc.)
- Passion for developing teams and investing in the next generation of leaders by ensuring each member of team is learning and growing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience in sales, finance, or business
- Experience in quantitative and financial analysis with mastery of MS Excel
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate insights from data analysis and apply insights to actionable business strategies
- Ability to work as a leader and team player with sales and finance executives
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to prepare presentations and present to senior leadership
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely; capable of making high level decisions with confidence and accomplishing results
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and cross-functional teams
- Able to work under tight timelines and reprioritize work as needed
- Strong internal firm and external customer service ethic
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.