At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Revenue Accountant, Accounting
Reporting to the Revenue Manager, this person will participate in several key finance functions including the appropriate accounting of revenues, analytical reviews and internal reporting.
This role is based in Richmond, VA
- Input contracted program information and invoicing schedule information from signed customer contracts into Salesforce CPQ.
- Review customer arrangements and contracts to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues
- Successfully coordinate with account management to appropriately convert non-secured revenue to secured
- Organize and manage workload to produce scheduled reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Review program revenue to ensure accurate recognition in accordance with previously concluded guidance
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Assist sales, legal, and pricing teams in structuring and negotiating deals in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Stay current on GAAP standards related to revenues and particularly the guidance specific to the SaaS industry, in order to appropriately apply the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Review monthly accruals and deferrals related to revenues
- Interface with internal and external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 1 year of professional, relevant experience
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Discretion with sensitive materials
- Public accounting work experience
- Professional certification (CPA)
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems
- Experience with revenue recognition in a technology and/or consulting environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Desire to work in a team environment
- High level of commitment and integrity
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.